Support for job creation
Employment through subsidization
What is that?
The instrument is designed to assist in employment and in getting a foothold on the labour market, and for persons with severe disabilities – to create special conditions to stay on the labour market for the following persons of working age who are registered at the Employment Service:
- individuals of working age with disabilities for whom a working capacity of up to 25 % or a severe disability level was established;
- unemployed individuals who are individuals of working age with disabilities for whom a working capacity of 30-40 % or an average disability level was established;
- unemployed individuals who are individuals of working age with disabilities for whom a working capacity of 45-55 % or a slight disability level was established;
- unqualified unemployed individuals who acquired no professional qualification or professional qualification that they acquired abroad has not been recognized in accordance with the laws, as well as unemployed individuals who have no competence acquired informally that has been recognized in accordance with the laws;
- long-term unemployed individuals of up to 25 years of age who are unemployed for more than 6 months, and long-term unemployed individuals over 25 years of age who are unemployed for more than 12 months counting from the date of registration in the Territorial Employment Service;
- unemployed individuals over 50 years of age;
- individuals entitled to additional employment guarantees under the Law of the Republic of Lithuania on Additional Employment and Social Guarantees for the Employees of the State Enterprise Ignalina Nuclear Power Plant
- unemployed individuals of up to 29 years of age;
- unemployed individuals who for the first time start work activities based on the qualification or competence acquired;
- individuals granted refugee status or persons who have been granted extra or temporary protection.
How does it work?
The employer that has recruited you is paid for a fixed time a wage subsidy that is designed for the partial compensation of your wages and of the compulsory state social insurance contributions of the insured person calculated on these wages.
The amount of the subsidy may not exceed the amount of 2 minimum monthly wages established by the Government of the Republic of Lithuania, and constitutes:
- 50% of the estimated funds in cases where the individuals listed in items 3-9 are recruited;
- 60% of the estimated funds in cases where the individuals listed in items 2 are recruited;
- 75% of the estimated funds in cases where the individuals listed in items 1 and 10 are recruited.
The duration of employment through subsidization can be up to 6 months (for the individuals referred to in items 3-9), up to 24 months (for the individuals referred to in items 2 and 10) or for an unlimited period throughout the entire period of employment for the individuals referred to in item 1).
Further information on the implementation of the instrument at the Customer Service Divisions of the Employment Service and their units that perform customer service functions.
Contact your service specialist and discuss your expectations and opportunities.
Supporting job skills
What is that?
An instrument of supporting acquisition of work skills – this represents the possibility to acquire the missing work skills and to find a job, and for the employers – to find a proper employee.
By participating in the programme of an instrument of supporting acquisition of work skills you not only will you acquire the missing work skills directly at the workplace, but will also get a foothold on the labour market.
Who may participate in the programme of the instrument?
Support of acquisition of work skills can be organised for the following persons:
- individuals participating in or having completed vocational training;
- individuals who for the first time start work activities based on the qualification or competence acquired
Duration of funding: Duration of the implementation of support of acquisition of work skills – up to 12 months.
How does it work?
- An employer having recruited the individuals referred by the Employment Service is paid a subsidy for the partial compensation of wages and of the compulsory state social insurance contributions.
- An employer having appointed a responsible employee who trains a newly recruited individual and spends more than 20% of his / her working time on training of such newly recruited individual is additionally compensated for the cost of organizing the acquisition of work skills directly at the workplace, but no more than 20 percent of the estimated wage subsidy.
Proposals for implementing this instrument can be submitted by employers:
- that are not subject to bankruptcy proceedings, liquidation, in respect of whom no decision of the creditors’ meeting to enforce bankruptcy procedures under the out-of-court procedures has been taken;
- that are not indebted to their employees, do not have deferred debts to the state budget of the Republic of Lithuania or to the budget of the State Social Insurance Fund;
- that have no outstanding contractual or statutory obligations to the territorial Employment Service;
- whose head or other responsible person does not have a valid fine imposed for violations set out in the Articles 56, 57 and 58 of the Law on Promotion of Employment and / or an administrative penalty for illegal work imposed under the Code of Administrative Offenses of the Republic of Lithuania, or has no more than one valid administrative penalty under this Code for concealing labour laws, occupational safety and health regulations, occupational accident, for violations of the established notification and investigation procedure, of the procedure for calculation and payment of wages, of the procedure of accounting of working time, the working conditions of temporary workers and the procedure of commercial or economic activity.
Documents to be submitted to the Territorial Employment Service:
- proposal for supporting acquisition of work skills;
- a certificate of compliance with the requirements specified in Paragraphs 2 and 4 of the Article 35 (4) of the Law on Employment.
After having received the employer’s proposal for the organization of the instrument, the Employment Service shall at the latest within 5 working days adopt the decision regarding the conclusion of employment contract.
Where to apply?
The instruments are implemented by the Territorial Employment Services. Further information and contact details of the Territorial Employment Services are available here: http://uzt.lt/en/