UAB ITALIANA LT is alcohol beverage producer in Kaunas. The company is...
Packaging materials for thermoforming equipment and “flow pack”...
Agaras JSC is one of the largest and the most modern slaughterhouses in...
Valdorfo Didmenos JSC is a producer of ketchups, mayonnaise, spices and...
LIETUVISKAS MEDUS Ltd business area is honey wholesale, retail and...More
The food industry is one of the key sectors of Lithuanian’s economy. The food sector produces a major share of the total value created by Lithuanian producers. The most developed food processing subsectors are milk, meat and grain processing. Other well-established sectors are brewing, fish processing, canned vegetables, fruits and confectionery. Over 600 companies operate in the food processing industry in Lithuania. In 2011, 43.6% of total food production and 16% of total beverages production were exported.
The Sector and Its Key Advantages:
- Long-standing production traditions
- Strategic geographic location
- Favorable climate, arable land
- Excellent logistics network
- Highly-skilled workforce of over 36,000 employees
- Extensive application of modern technologies
- Rapid growth of innovative companies
- Stringent quality and environmental standards, in compliance with EU regulations
- Attractive quality-price ratio
- Approximately 50% of dairy production is exported to other EU countries
- Lithuanian beer was awarded at the European Beer Star Awards, World Beer Cup and World Beer Championship
Key Branches of the Food Sector:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Milk and dairy products
- Meat and meat products
- Poultry and eggs
- Fish and fish products
- Baked goods
- Confectionery and sugar
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts, berries and mushrooms
- Spices, herbs and seeds
- Grain, wheat and fodde
- Organic products
The leading companies in the food sector include Vičiūnai Group, Pieno Žvaigždės, Rokiškio Sūris, Kauno Grūdai, Žemaitijos Pienas, Švyturys-Utenos Alus, Marijampolės Pieno Konservai, Norvelita and Biovela.
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the Lithuanian food industry and/or potential business partners in this field, please contact:
A. Gostauto st. 40A
Tel: +370 (5) 2194316