The main activity of the enterprise - wild mushrooms and berries wholesale....
"Azuozeriu sultys" agricultural cooperative (AC) was founded in...
“Lavisos koncernas” - joins professionals of raw materials...
Our company: UAB „Raudonoji frezija“ is a company which was...
“Tastier. Funnier. Healthier”
The food industry is one of the key sectors of Lithuanian’s economy. The food sector produces a major share of the total value created by Lithuanian producers. The most developed food processing subsectors are milk, meat and grain processing. Other well-established sectors are brewing, fish processing, canned vegetables, fruits and confectionery. Over 600 companies operate in the food processing industry in Lithuania. In 2011, 43.6% of total food production and 16% of total beverages production were exported.
The Sector and Its Key Advantages:
- Long-standing production traditions
- Strategic geographic location
- Favorable climate, arable land
- Excellent logistics network
- Highly-skilled workforce of over 36,000 employees
- Extensive application of modern technologies
- Rapid growth of innovative companies
- Stringent quality and environmental standards, in compliance with EU regulations
- Attractive quality-price ratio
- Approximately 50% of dairy production is exported to other EU countries
- Lithuanian beer was awarded at the European Beer Star Awards, World Beer Cup and World Beer Championship
Key Branches of the Food Sector:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Milk and dairy products
- Meat and meat products
- Poultry and eggs
- Fish and fish products
- Baked goods
- Confectionery and sugar
- Fruits and vegetables
- Nuts, berries and mushrooms
- Spices, herbs and seeds
- Grain, wheat and fodde
- Organic products
The leading companies in the food sector include Vičiūnai Group, Pieno Žvaigždės, Rokiškio Sūris, Kauno Grūdai, Žemaitijos Pienas, Švyturys-Utenos Alus, Marijampolės Pieno Konservai, Norvelita and Biovela.
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the Lithuanian food industry and/or potential business partners in this field, please contact:
A. Gostauto st. 40A
Tel: +370 (5) 2194316