At the beginning of 2012 there were 88 companies operating in the industry of paper and paper products employing 3,4 thousand workers which is 0.4 percent of the overall labor force. 96,6 percent of operating companies are SME`s. Despite decrease in number of companies furniture production, 2011 compared with 2010, grew by 19.1 percent.
Lithuanian companies produce a wide range of paper and paper products and the majority of production is exported:
- 2011 vs. 2010 the export grew by 21.0 percent and reached EUR 256.4 million;
- 48 percent in overall paper and paper products exports are produced in Lithuania, accordingly 52 percent goes to re-exports;
- The main export markets are Russia, Ukraine and neighboring countries.
Top 5 export markets
Investment of companies in tangible fixed assets after the crisis recovered only in 2011 and returned to 2009 levels.
- Corrugated cardboard
- Toilet paper & Handkerchiefs
- Paper or paperboard labels
Industry's key competitive advantages
- Efficient application of modern technologies and innovative business solutions
- Superior design, high quality standards, short delivery terms
- Good availability of raw materials
- High flexibility to handle non-standard orders
For more details information please visit here
If you have any questions, or would like more information about the Lithuanian textile and clothing sector and/or potential business partners in this field, please contact:
A. Gostauto st. 40A
Tel: +370 (5) 2194317